Here is a real delight rich in fragrances: the herbs, the grilled chicken with skin, the spring roll dipping sauce. Start by marinating the chicken. Remove the 4 chicken thighs’ bone. Keep the skin, once grilled it will be delicious. Lightly cut the flesh so that the marinade gets into it. Put them in a mixing bowl. Crush lemongrass finely minces it. Cut 10g of ginger into chunks. Put them in a mortar. Add:
- ¼ tsp of salt,
- 1 tsp of sugar,
- ¼ tsp of ground pepper,
- 1 tsp of garlic powder,
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce,
- 1 tsp of fish sauce,
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce,
- ½ tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Mix all. Put it with the chicken. Mix again.
- Let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- Cook 150g of rice noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain them, rinse them with cold water. Let drain for 1 hour.
- ¼ of cucumber in small sticks,
- 1/3 of salad in small pieces.
- Season one grated carrot with:
- 1 tablespoon of white rice vinegar,
- ¼ tsp of salt,
- 1 tsp of sugar.
- Combine all together. Now we are going to grill the chicken.Put 2 tbsp of oil in a pan heated over medium heat. When the oil is hot, put the chicken pieces. Let them brown for 4 minutes on the meat side and 5 minutes on the skin side. Remove them and let them cool for 10 minutes before cutting them into pieces. Give some scissor cuts in the rice noodles. The rice papers have a slightly rough side and a smooth side. When rolling, the smooth side is against the table.
- It’s just a question of aesthetics. Wet a clean cloth and wring it out. Spread it on aboard. Fill a large bowl with very hot water from the tap. Quickly dip a rice paper in the water, Put it on the cloth,
- Chicken pieces, Thai basil, mint, cilantro, shiso, Vietnamese cilantro, Georgia, vinegar carrot, bean sprouts, cucumber, salad, and rice noodles.
- Flap both sides towards the center. Both sides must be straight and parallel. Roll by keeping the ingredients inside and tightening until the end. Keep them under a dry cloth to prevent them from drying out. Before eating, each guest adds some crushed peanuts in his dipping sauce bowl. Bon Appetit!
- If you don’t have all the herbs it doesn’t matter, your spring rolls will be delicious even if they only contain mint.